A System Administrator job description involves ensuring that the peripheral systems are in proper working condition. IT system administrators have to quickly arrange for replacement or resolve the issues in case of any hardware failure. You have to create file systems and manage network communication. Part of the system administrator requirements include being responsible for taking care of the backup and recovery policy.
The System Administrator takes care of the user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations.
Offer technical support and troubleshoot any hardware and software problems related to server and storage devices. Handle issues concerning application and database server operations.
Do thorough research on upcoming products, service protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
System administrator requirements include updating the new version of OS and application software, along with executing the policies for the use of the computer system and network. Additionally, system administrator requirements include setting up security policies for users and taking care of identity management.
Additional IT system administrator requirements include the following:
• Installing, configuring and maintain servers and networks;
• Overseeing system performance and troubleshooting issues;
• Creating a backup and safeguarding the data if there are any hindrances;
• Performing system upgrades following new releases;
• Maintaining internal documentation through Wiki;
• Performing account setup;
• Sustaining network integrity, server deployment, and security;
• Monitoring and maintaining network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways and intrusion detection systems; and
• Ensuring high-level security and efficiency resulting in 100% output.
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW
DISCLAIMER: Dear Candidate! You are fully responsible to deal with the employer on the hiring process. GulfJobs.com will not take any responsibility on your hiring process. Genuine employer does not ask money for hiring!