ELEVATOR INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN
• Assemble and install electric or hydraulic elevators, escalators, moving walks, and dumbwaiters, using hand and power tools, and testing devices such as test lamps, ammeters, and voltmeters.
• Adjust safety controls, counterweights, door mechanisms, and components such as valves, ratchets, seals, and brake linings.
• Check that safety regulations and building codes are met, and complete service reports verifying conformance to standards.
• Inspect wiring connections, control panel hookups, door installations, and alignments and clearances of cars and hoistways to ensure that equipment will operate properly.
• Read and interpret blueprints to determine the layout of system components, frameworks, and foundations, and to select installation equipment.
• Cut prefabricated sections of framework, rails, and other components to specified dimensions.
• Install outer doors and door frames at elevator entrances on each floor of a structure.
• Install electrical wires and controls by attaching conduit along shaft walls from floor to floor and pulling plastic-covered wires through the conduit.
• Connect car frames to counterweights, using steel cables.
• Assemble elevator cars, installing each car's platform, walls, and doors.
• Bolt or weld steel rails to the walls of shafts to guide elevators, working from scaffolding or platforms.
• Assemble electrically powered stairs, steel frameworks, and tracks, and install associated motors and electrical wiring.
• High school or technical secondary school diploma or ITI.
• 3-5 year experience in elevators, escalators and moving walks installation.
DISCLAIMER: Dear Candidate! You are fully responsible to deal with the employer on the hiring process. GulfJobs.com will not take any responsibility on your hiring process. Genuine employer does not ask money for hiring!