As a Pastry Chef, you are responsible for assisting the Executive Pastry Chef in the day to day operation, taking over all responsibilities during his / her absence, striving for the highest possible Guest satisfaction.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the highest possible hygiene and maintenance standards. Ensure the highest degree in applied hygiene and food safety as per the ADFCA, HACCP guidelines to ensure that the food is served to the Guest in the highest quality and standard
• Ensure that all bakeries and pastry dishes leaving the kitchen are of appropriate portion and presented as per recipes and presentation standards set by the Hotel
• Create high quality and creative pastry products to satisfy the Guests needs
• Work in close cooperation with all other key departments in the Hotel to ensure a smooth operation
• Control the food cost by preparing / reviewing all store requisitions and direct purchases and ensure the accurate delivery of goods in order to achieve the budgeted profitability
• Attend required meetings and conduct daily briefings with your team members ensuring efficient communication, to run the bakery and pastry smoothly
• Handle Guest complaints/suggestions/requests directly to achieve high Guest satisfaction.
• Ensure Employee Development in your kitchen team in order to train/guide/motivate your team members to achieve highest quality standards set by the Employee Development Department and the Executive Pastry Chef
• Plan effectively all FF&E and Operating equipment (in consultation with the Executive Pastry Chef) for your kitchen to ensure a smooth operation
• Train all the team members under direct supervision in order to produce very high standard of bakery and pastry products (set by the Executive Pastry Chef) in the Kitchen
• Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
• Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
EHSMS/OHSAS Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure the safe work procedures are established and implemented as required, in coordination with Department Head and EHS & Hygiene Manager
• Provide department employees with all relevant EHS information with the help of HOD and EHS & Hygiene Manager.
Ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
Additional to the above mentioned requirements an Employee will at times be expected to perform tasks and duties outside of his/her scope of work as necessitated by work demand.
1. Must have hotel/ resort experience
2. Can join ASAP
Share your cv @
DISCLAIMER: Dear Candidate! You are fully responsible to deal with the employer on the hiring process. GulfJobs.com will not take any responsibility on your hiring process. Genuine employer does not ask money for hiring!